Saturday, August 20, 2011

My Mind's Eye Hazel Layout, Flower Shoppe Cricut Cartridge

Oh wow, I forgot how exhausting it can be to set up my classroom and get ready for a new school year!  I had to get crafty this week and reminisce about summer.  I had posted a few weeks ago about a moment at the zoo when my two little ones put their jealousy and constant squabbles aside to talk, walk and share all their experiences while in separate classes at the zoo.  It really was a moment where I stepped back and saw two people who really care for one another; as any mother I was so humbled and felt the promise of a lasting bond between my kids.  I know they love each other, despite the daily fights.  It is these moments, the little things in life that matter to me...

Recipe for my layout:

Bazzill 2 sheets candlelight textured cardstock (base)
My Minds Eye Hazel Collection (assorted 12x12 and 6x6 paper pad)
Cricut Flower Shoppe and Cricut Teresa Collins Sophisticated cartridge
Pearls from Reminisce
Ink: Distress Ink from Tim Holtz (Ranger) in Wild Honey and Antique Linen, Jenny Bowlin Spiced Tin and Malted Milk
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink Background Basics Textile I and Polka Dot Basics II and Fancy Flourishes
Ribbon: Papertrey Ink Enchanted Evening Twill
Other tools:  Tonic distress tool, ATG pink adhesive gun, large glue dots, hot glue gun for flowers, cutterbee tweezers, Tim Holtz scissors, ink blending tool

I am still playing with the Flower Shoppe cartridge and am learning as I go!  I like the layered look, but still need to work on measuring my layers.  I had a lot of fun playing off the flowers in the patterned paper for inspiration and inked all my flowers.  I love how the background stamps from Papertrey ink dipped in wild honey distress ink make the flower border pop (I cut the ruffle flower # 4 at different sizes from 2.5 to 3.5 inches)!  I can't wait to play more with this cartridge!  My sentiment is from another new one for me, the Teresa Collins Sophisticated cartridge.   Now off to drool about the new Chic and Spooky Halloween release for Hello Thursday and to try to figure out how I can get the new Close to My Heart Art Philosophy Cartridge, I need this one!!!!!!


Oh well.....


Here is my layout....




1 comment:

  1. P.S. Getting my cricut geared up to make a spectacular start to the new school year for my third and fourth graders! Go Green, using recycled materials!!!!!! yeah!!!!

    ReplyDelete