Monday, August 8, 2011

Little Mermaid Birthday Party!





We are getting so excited to celebrate Amelie's third birthday and I have been so inspired by the Little Mermaid theme!  My main project has been a large vase, I bought this one at Michael's with my 40% off coupon:)  I also found the pink sand on clearance for $1.49/bag.  I had to get 4 bags though!!!!  I didn't realize how big the vase was!  I also got a bag of seashells on clearance there a few weeks back and got a really good deal.  Next, I cut out Ami's name using my favorite new font on the Expression 2 american alphabet preloaded cartridge...so elegant!!!  I used it for my last banner for a friend's wedding shower and it was spectacular and classy!  I used cricut vinyl in white for this at 2.5" using a kiss cut (pressure 3, blade 3, speed 3).  I may go back and add a princess crown, not sure yet:)   I then filled my vase and figured out that I could add volume by using those great clear vase gems, so I didn't really need as much sand as I thought.  Then I used my titanium white acrylic paint and some craft dowels from my favorite local Joann's as craft picks.  I wanted the effect of a bouquet of Little Mermaid Under the Sea life.  I then cut my images from the Disney cricut cartridge, Dreams Come True, assorted Little Mermaid at 1.5 to 5"( I cut Ariel at 5". Flounder at 3.5" and Sebastian at 2.5", the rest are between 2-3" each:).   I used some chiffon ribbon tied to each and adhered with a glue gun.  I did use the shadow feature of each image to sandwich the dowel between.  I used Martha Stewart glitter in Aquamarine and some crystal stickles as well as Michael's brand pearls to accent.  On the seahorse I used Ranger perfect pearls, I like the 3D effect!   I added a purple satin ribbon around the vase to tie it all together and used a large glue dot to adhere, it is really secure!!!  I am thinking of adding some floral picks from my local craft store, not sure....  My other picture is a sneak peek of my traditional birthday banner that I create  for my kids' parties!  hope you like it and are inspired to create your own decorations,  I use all the party store colors and then just let the project come together with color inspiration!  My daughter is excited and that really just means EVERYTHING!!!!!!Have a happy Monday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment