Monday, August 15, 2011

The Journey Awakens the Soul mini album

Hello all!!!!

I posted awhile ago about my younger brother battling cancer... so here is an update...

My brother and I have had our differences in the past, but it is amazing how as I have become the mother of a boy and a girl and watch them develop their relationship I have been given a new understanding of sibling love.  I worked on a mini album for my brother, not really knowing how this project would turn out, but having a sense of purpose and drive to complete it as he began his chemo treatments.  I wanted to create a place for his photography passion to be a new focus for him and a welcome distraction.  I also added lots of space to journal and some inspirational quotes.  I ended up with a mini album that I am proud of for its distressed feel and "steampunk" influences.  It wasn't perfect, but I poured my soul into it!

I have to thank Judy Ann from JAnnBdesigns and her video tutorials for inspiring much of my mini.  I used her basic page designs to create this album and her support, help and encouragement motivated me to complete my tricky binding!  Thank you Judy!!!!!


My daughter is lucky to have such an amazing godfather!  Keep up the fight, little brother!
Danielle


No comments:

Post a Comment