Thursday, August 4, 2011

Couldn't wait to play with the new Cricut Flower Shoppe Project Cartridge

Okay, so I have had this cartridge for a few weeks ( I couldn't resist a pre-order for $20 on Crafts to Favor) and I really hadn't figured out what to make with it.  I made a few flowers that I added to my new 4th of July mini that is in progress, but had no big ideas.  Then I took out my My Minds Eye (I think it is from the Gertie collection) and voila!  I was inspired by my daughter suited up for the first time to get wet this summer in her "Esther Williams" inspired suit.  She was so proud of herself and I could see that she truly felt beautiful...  I wanted to make a feminine layout for her album that was all about her at almost 3.  She loves flowers, smelling pretty things, playing with dolls and the color PINK:)  Soooo, I made this layout for her incorporating these elements.  I cut out the large flower at 2.5, then I found it best to start with your largest layer and move inward.  I decreased the next layer to 2 inches, then 1.75 for the last layer.  I used the heart flower and the first flower for all my pieces.  I did mix and match to my liking.  I also recommend that you adhere the layers with a glue gun and attach the flowers to a layout with a large glue dot, I tried to use scotch quick dry, but for the 3 dimensional flowers it didn't work well.  I also went back after these photos and added some more distress ink, I should have done all my flowers before assembling, I just forgot in my excitement to complete one of my  layouts in less than 24 hours:)  The sentiment beautiful was cut from the phrase feature of Teresa Collins Sophisticated cartridge at 2 inches, I wanted it to be subtle.  The last thing I need to do is go back and add some hidden or small journaling to tell my little girl the story of these photos.  Hope everyone is enjoying their summer as much as we have,  these are the days I am so grateful to be a teacher (stay at home summer mom!)  I have more projects that I have completed this week to take pics of!  More to come...have a fabulous Thursday if you stumble upon my rambling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment