Thursday, August 4, 2011

My First Papertrey Ink Cards and little Amelie!



Okay, so I am on a roll here... but with two small kids how long can it last?  I think I need to figure out how what I am doing can help others.  So...to any mom you know that kids can change on a whim and are hard to figure out.  Ami, for instance, says she wants an Ariel birthday party months ago, so I ask myself, when do I start planning?????  I know this could pass, but alas, I order my first papertrey ink cardstock and chose to get the plum pudding, aqua mist and hawaiian shores cardstock, that should work for the little mermaid's ariel, right????  Well, Ami has changed her mind about her birthday all summer!  Ugh!  I set to work to make her invites, anyway!!!!  I used the "Dreams Come True" Disney cricut cartridge.  Wow, that was hard at a small size of 4 inches!!!! I had to work miracles to add white cardstock and copic markers to draw in Ariel's eyes and lips.  I used Martha Stewart aquamarine glitter and some perfect pearls from Ranger in peacock to accent my card.  I also used a cuttlebug folder (divine swirls?) to emboss my aqua mist cardstock and then distressed inked it with Tim Holtz broken china and dusty conchord.  I really had to muscle it to get the blending to work.  I used a Martha Stewart punch around the page to the layers ( I think it was called a scalloped fan?)  Overall, the quality of the papertrey ink cardstock and the distressed look of the swirling ocean made me happy!  Ami liked her invites and thought it meant that the party was done!  So cute!  Oh,,, she also thinks she is turning 5, like her brother and cannot understand that she is just turning 3!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment