Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cricut American Alphabet and Cricut Decals Tumbler

Hello all my crafty friends!  I am back for another project.  This one, I have to say, is not an original idea.  I found this basic project on another blog, Everyday Cricut.  Thanks happy, happy Joy Joy for the great project with the new Cricut Expression 2!

Here is the "Recipe" for making these fun summer drink tumblers really stand out:

A tumbler (I found mine at Joann)
Cricut vinyl (black, green and transfer tape)
Cricut E2 with preloaded cartridges:  Cricut Decals and American alphabet

That's it!!!!

I cut the cricut head from the decals.  I cut it out at 2 inches for the bottom one and the top is 1.5 in.  I used the black on shadow feature and the green for the layer.  All I did was cut using the vinyl kiss cut button on the E2 and then used transfer tape to adhere the green layer piece on the shadow.  Then the layered image could be directly transfered to the tumbler.

For the name, I cut it out at 1.5 inches.  I used the swirl font for the "D" and the rest of my name is lowercase in the font 1 choice.  This cartridge has 3 fonts all in one, plus images---how awesome is that?!?




1 comment:

  1. This is a really cute idea, great cup to take to a crop.

    ReplyDelete