Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cameron's 5th Birthday!!!

Well, I realize now how much extra time I invest in my kids' birthdays, and also how much gratification I get from the smiles on their faces.  Cameron told me that I am the best mom in the whole world for making his Spiderman banner.  It melted my heart, he really does notice the "little" things...






For his family party, we had a Spiderman theme.  Unfortunately, there are no Cricut cartridges to pull out for good old Spidey... so I used the Birthday Bash cartridge to create his banner and bought some spider paper from Jo Ann's that was very thin, but it cut fine on the cricut using the light paper setting on the Cricut Expression 2.  I cut out the banner at 10" with the shadow feature.  I really like how it turned out!  I used the Opposites Attract cartridge for the letters in primary yellow and used the shadow feature to cut a red layer.  I think it looks pretty close to the copyrighted spiderman marvel heros font!  I popped the letters up in pop dots from Scrapbook Adhesives in black (cool new color I found at the local scrapbook store!)  I bought a spiderman sticker set for added embellishments at Michaels.  I also made some super fun rosettes! I just LOVE making these!!!!  I got a lot of compliments from mothers at my school when we made these with pretty paper for Mother's Day gifts.  We added a button to the center and hot glued a pin to the back to make a fun accessory for the moms!!!  The rosettes are soooo super easy and cute!  I used two strips of spider paper cut at 2" by 12" and used a score board to score every half inch.  This makes doing an accordian fold a cinch.  You simply accordian fold both strips, glue them together to form a ring and pinch the center to make a flower shape.  I backed mine with a scallop circle from the new Elegant Edges cartridge with a 5" black scallop to shadow a 4.75" blue scallop.  Then you need to attach a piece to the front of your rosette to hold it together.  I used a 3" black scallop that I stitched around in white signo gel pen.  I added the 5 from Opposites Attract at 2.75" and dotted in white gel pen to make it stand out.  Added some ribbon from Michaels in black, with some halloween spider web with silver to make bows and hung that baby!  I weighed two pounds, easy! Super fun and it was really easy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! There were a few occasions where I wanted to create something spidey and was bummed that there were no carts. Need to find some spidey paper! TFS!

    ReplyDelete