Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Papertrey Ink MIM #108: Inked Backgrounds

Hello all!  I have to say that this week's Make it Monday by Heather Nichols was in my comfort zone.  I have not done much distressing lately, but was really into this cool technique about a year ago.  I think I wore out all my distressing muscle and had needed a break...Lately, I have liked a more modern, clean look in my projects.  I was excited to pair up the Hands of Time set, break out the "trendy" gold embossing powder and get distressed with Broken China, Weathered Wood and Peeled Paint Ranger distress inks and my handy blending tool.  I used a little seam binding ribbon to go with the weathered look and used some ocean tides to complement the distressed background.  I think this turned out pretty well... hope you like it!  Have an awesome Wednesday!

2 comments:

  1. Love this card. Such a beautiful effect you achieved with the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the distress ink combo. I really think I need that clock stamp set. It really is a striking accent to your card with the gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete