Monday, February 25, 2013

Marvelous Monograms February PTI blog hop

Framed Art

I broke out my new "Cutting Garden" stamp set and some ink to create this framed art for my daughter's room.  I went with pink, since she adores this color and her room is top to bottom girly pink.  She also loves flowers!  I wanted to try my hand at a watercolor effect, so I misted my stamps before stamping and also wanted to use the rock and roll technique to add some depth to the flowers.  I used hibiscus burst and raspberry fizz.  I also incorporated a vellum strip, so my background wasn't lost. and I die cut a flower and some leaves to make my monogram stand out.     I used the new headline alpha stamps and dies to heat emboss the A initial with some clear ZIng! embossing powder.  I am pretty pleased with how this turned out, but it was super hard to get a good photo!  

2 comments:

  1. Danielle, I'll bet that looks so PRETTY in your daughter's room! LOVE the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the flowers so much I bought some bulbs to plant

      Delete