Monday, January 21, 2013

Papertrey Ink MIM # 101

I decided to try out Heather Nichol's two step embossing with my new Papertrey Ink stamp set, "Embroidered Blooms".  I used Zing clear embossing for the flowers and leaves, then white detail embossing powder over it on pure poppy cardstock.  I layered the sentiment strip on a strip of smokey shadow cardstock and used a thin strip of 1/4 inch score tape to add some fine white glitter as a way to accent my flowers and sentiment.  All this was placed on a 4 x 5 1/4 inch piece of smokey shadow patterned paper and adhered to a white cardstock base after rounding the corners.  crossing my fingers that I win the gift card this week!



4 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the layered embossing. Embroidered blooms looks great with this technique. The color combo is very striking as well. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat card! I love your take on the layered embossing. Embroidered Blooms seems like the perfect stamp set for that technique. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your MIM cards are really great!! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, too!! A nice change from black and red.

    ReplyDelete